Monday, May 25, 2009

1st Anniversary

Today, one year ago my husband and I had said our everlasting vows in front of our God, priest, families and friends.
Yes, a year has gone by since the day I married to my husband.
Time fly so fast.

Few days before my D-day, I wrote a post about my feelings yet my thoughts about the marriage itself at the time
(title: Check-In Times).
I didn't feel nervous at all, on the contrary I felt so relaxed.
I don't know why.., usually people get nervous when they're about to marry their lover.
But it doesn't happened in my case.
I felt so relaxed and ready to make a life time commitment with the one that I believed as my soulmate.

I knew him since I was in my sophomore.
We've been together for 12 years with all ups and downs, on's and off's. :')
When we broke up years ago, we promised that we'll let everything fall in it's place.
Let it go and let it be.
If we're MEANT to be together, the love will find a way and we'll be together again, somehow, somewhere.
But if it's not, than we're not meant to be together.

Since than we lived in different continent, far away from each other.
So much things happened along the way, either in my life or his.
People comes and goes, some stay in our life and heart left some footprints.
People changes, and so do we.
Life has been easy and tough sometimes.
Still, we always shared everything happened in each other life.
We're always there for each other no matter how far we're from each other.
We're like a brother and a sister.., always looking for each other for comfortness.

Slowly but sure, life has led and guided us to walks on the same path again.
The love's still there. Though we're a different person now which I believed in a positive way,
we still have the same feeling and we know each other very well.
Love has found the way back.., which means we're MEANT to be together.

So here we are, on our first anniversary saying a little prayer:

Dear Lord,
help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us.
To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us.
We asks for words both kind and loving, and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.
Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands.
Amen.


Looking back on those wonderful days during the first year of our marriage, I'm so grateful that God
has sent a great husband yet a guardian angel in my life.
Eventhough, we still lives with my parents it doesn't prevent us from being happy and enjoy every single moment
of our blissful marriage.

I know, that we still have a long way to go but I have no doubt to face the future and keep on walking side by side with my husband
because I know very well, that God works on our marriage.
Our first year of marriage has teached us about respect and understanding.
Praise the Lord, that we're almost never had a fight because we're always respect and understanding each other no matter
how bad the situation is.

Thank you Lord for a WONDERFUL year that you've been given to us.
May we always learn to nourish the love that you gave to us, and always gives our best to each other.


PS: I love you hon.., thank you for being a great husband for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aduh..aduh... so sweet niiih!

Related Posts with Thumbnails