Friday, April 30, 2010

Life is Precious yet Fragile

Last week when my hubby was ill, I've got plenty of time to contemplating about my life.
Having a dialog with my mind, my heart, and my soul.
While my hubby lay down beside me, my mind's traveled to a certain year or periods in my life. Swam deeply among good memories and all those recorded moments in between.
Time flies.

Now it's 2010. And May is nearly here.
Feels like yesterday, when I moved back to Jakarta for good at the end of 2007.
Got married, lost my unborn child, lost several of my dearest family members, got a new dearly family member, got occupied with a series of very important family matters, and so on and so on.
As the years come and go like the flakes of pure white snow floating down and down floating only for a second before they dissapear forever so with people in my life, they come and go.

Have been seeing so many form of tragedies in this life, a disease, an accident, a sudden death, or other everyday occurrences, always remind me of the delicate balance of life.

It makes me come to another point of view of this life.
Life is indeed beautiful but yet is fragile.
How often we're walking too close to the edge only to realize too late that life is delicate..?
Well, reality bites.
Maybe this famous quote is sounds too cheesy or lame that we need to live our life to the fullest.., but it's absolutely TRUE. We don't have time like forever, right?

There're moments when I felt overwhelmed by the vastness of the universe because somehow it remind me how small I am and how people will die and gone at some point...
Why are we here? What is the purpose of life?
How many more breaths will I breathe in and blow out?

Have you ever seen a sunset so beautiful that you hoped it would never end?
I have.

And whenever I see the sunset it always remind me that nothing last forever.
Even this beautiful scenery has come to the end...
That's for LIFE is extraordinary PRECIOUS and FRAGILE in another way.

What about you? Have you live your life to the fullest..? Will you follow and listen to your heart for once in a while instead of drowning in your daily life's routines? Will you live to accomplish all that you dream?
And when finally you lie down to breathe your last, will your life have been worth living? What will be your regrets?
These are heavy questions, but ones all of us must ponder eventually.

2 comments:

Glory Sunarto said...

Beautiful piece, Thia. I heart you! :)

Cynthia Villanueva said...

Thanks a buuuunch Riri. Heart you too! :*

Related Posts with Thumbnails