Monday, October 20, 2008

October's Grief...

It's never been easy to lose your dearest one suddenly.
My dearest uncle passed away unexpectedly on last Friday, because of a massive heart attack.

My uncle was a great man...
We were close since I was a kid.
He always brought & picked me up (to & at school), until I graduated from Junior High School.
We always had a great relationship & great times together.
He's always taking care of me since I lived far away from my parents.
He's always there whenever I need him.
He's the most bravest man that I have ever known.

Losing my dearest uncle suddenly changes my perspective on life...
In the blink of an eye, my perspective on life is never the same again.
I'm able to see that most things are trivial compared.., as if my uncle's taught me for the last time..a piece of wisdom that I'll never ever lose..!
The other thing that I have learned from my uncle's death is that we need to live each day like it is your last day.., and the importance of telling and showing the people you love, how much you care each and every day.
And we shouldn't worry so much about silly things.

My uncle's last message is so simple yet so hard to do:
"Don't spend the better part of our lives focusing on the "trivial" matters and very little on what is "important".

I lost my dearest uncle and the pain is so real.
But that's life.., nothing lasts forever and we have to adjust our lives to what we are given at the time.


Goodbye Oom, see you again in the next life.
Thank you for everything, loves, and may you rest in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My deep condolence, sorry for the late comment!

Cynthia Villanueva said...

Thanks a lot sis...

Related Posts with Thumbnails